Thursday, June 7, 2012

A's Rainy Day DIY: The Scalloped Shorts




Whenever times are dull, I can always brighten up my day with a successful DIY(do it yourself). Todays DIY is a take on the scalloped shorts. This style seems to be so hot this summer season, I'm seeing different styles of shorts with the scalloped hem all around! On H's and I's trip to Port Carling, we spotted some cute styles of the scalloped short designed by Lily Pulitzer. The shorts I designed were created with her styles as an inspiration. I had another successful trip to my local thrift store where a picked up a pair of coral shorts. They were a longer length so my first step was to shorten the length. Once my length was right, I started the DIY. This DIY was a bit more tricky than others, it was easy for me to make mistakes. There was lots of measuring, pinning, sewing and hand stitching. If you think you can take the challenge with this DIY, I encourage you to try it out! Just make a simple google search to find whatever DIY you prefer! I got my instructions here!
Thanks for reading, and good luck ;)
 
Yours Truly,


ps. sorry for the wrinkled shorts, I just threw them on to snap the pic!


1 comment:

  1. Those shorts look awesome! I made one for myself too, I would be glad if you check it out on my blog :)

    http://funandoblivious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete