Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trendy Tuesday

Today's blog has been taken from the speedy streets of Toronto Ontario! We've all seen them (well I'd like to hope so) the different colours, the different styles. Is it a slipper or is it a shoe? What I'm describing is TOMS Shoes. The brand of shoes is a Canadian brand that was created and designed to create a profit that would be donated to children in need located in third world countries. A pair of TOMS shoes purchased would equal a pair of shoes for a child in a third world country. I've noticed these shoes over the past couple of years on the foots of friends who've traveled to third world countries. who've had real life experience with the situations in these countries. But now being located in a large city where I am constantly surrounded by large amounts of people, you are able to pick out trends that you notice constantly.

Today while traveling on public transit through the city, I was thinking about Urban Rural. Today was "Trendy Tuesday" and I didn't know what to write about. I looked down, and there it was, in this crowded bus, in one small area, I could count six pairs of TOMS. All different colours a, styles, and on different sexes, that's right TOMS are for guys too!

I like to believe that this trend is popular because of the fashionable style but also for ethical reasoning. If you are loving this brand you should check out http://www.toms.ca/ and get yourself a pair!

Yours Truly,

A xox




No comments:

Post a Comment