Wednesday, December 18, 2013

farewell to you, scotland

As I write this post, I begin to start saying my farewells to the beautiful country of Scotland. Today I attended a farewell lunch for all exchange students at Robert Gordon University to say thanks and goodbye to the ones who made it possible for me to be here studying at the university.  It was a crazy feeling to think that only three months previously I was sitting in the same room for a welcome meeting. Wow the time has flown! I've had such a wonderful time here in Aberdeen, making so many memories and friendships that wont be forgotten. Its been such a positive experience for myself as an individual to really feel like I can take on any challenge and I can do great things, because despite how many great moments I have experienced here, I wont lie in saying that it wasn't always that way. Being on a study abroad experience on your own brings many challenges that you will have to over come, but overcoming them makes you so much stronger and I personally believe that overcoming obstacles is the best way to learn in life.  It has been so fun for me being a fashion student in Aberdeen because I truly felt like I could express myself and style as freely as I pleased because many of the faces I see day to day, I most likely wont see again- this made for some very fun outfits. It also encouraged me to always look presentable because all the other fashion students I attended class with looked so. I always say "you never know who you are going to meet or see today so brush your hair and put on some lipstick."

As I end this post, I wanted to share a photo I took from my last day here at Robert Gordon University, where I pose in the same spot I posed on the first day of classes back in September. As I am sad to leave, I smile because of the great adventure I have just embarked on and for all the exciting and fashionable adventures I will embark on in my future.


pants: h&m canada, shirt: brody myles, jacket: h&m paris, shoes: spring canada, accessories: stella & dot 
location: aberdeen, scotland


With lots of love from over the pond - yours truly,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment